Montenegro is a small but beautiful state in the south of Mediterranean which is also known as the Pearl of the Mediterranean because of its exquisite beauties. It is the land of contrasts: on a very small area you can have a relaxing swim in the blue Adriatic Sea and have ski slopes of magnificent mountain Durmitor. Its location, rich architectural and cultural heritage, and the diversity of landscapes and climates makes Montenegro a desirable tourist destination.
Montenegro is an ecological state since the 1991 and it is stated in the Act 1. of its Constitution. If you want a magical vacation with healthy food and clean fresh water, Montenegro is a place for you. The wild beauties of its mountains, canyons, rivers, lakes and beaches have become world famous. The greatest combination of history with preserved nature is one that everyone should experience.
In the turbulent recent history of Balkan, Montenegro remained intact and there was no war on its territory. Multiethnic community rich with diversity of culture, combination of modern age and traditional offers unforgettable experience.
Coast of Montenegro is extremely interesting for tourists- 295 km long, with 72 km of beaches, and with many well-preserved ancient old towns.
Places you must visit are:
- Old town of Kotor, listed as UNESCO world heritage site.
- Boka Kotorska (Bay of Kotor), some say most beautiful fjord in Europe, where the Adriatic sea cuts deep in the mountains; with ancient small town of Perast and its islets.
- Old town of Budva, very well preserved old town, and Budva itself is very attractive for tourists because of its sandy beaches and great cafes and restaurants.
- Sveti Stefan, long time ago it was a fishermen’s island, which later turned into a luxury resort. Most picturesque resort on the coast.
Beside mentioned, all coastal cities have their specific charm, and offer both great fun and a break from everyday rush:
- Ulcinj (used to be a pirates town)
- Bar (town with great historical monuments, but also a modern marina, port…)
- Herceg Novi (rich with towers and beautiful architecture) and many more.
Each of them have a different story, and give you different taste.
Treat yourself with a wonderful vacation in Montenegro on our boats!